The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is a body of parents and guardians and John V. Lindsay Wildcat Academy Charter School teachers and staff that meet to discuss the needs of the school, from a Parent’s perspective.
The PTO is focused on ensuring that appropriate support and resources are provided to the school for the benefit and educational growth of our students. Objectives are to develop parent leadership, build capacity for greater involvement, and foster and encourage parent participation at all levels at the school.
Reasons to Join PTO
TOP 10 REASONS TO JOIN JVL WILDCAT'S PTO
- It’s good for your child. Research shows that children whose parents are involved in their school make better grades and have fewer disciplinary problems at school. When parents get plugged in at school, their children do better.
- It’s important to the school. PTO provides support to teachers and administrators, and creates a caring and supportive atmosphere in the school. With all of the budget cuts, schools are becoming more an...d more dependent on parent groups.
- You’ll get connected. There’s no better way to know what’s going on at the school than to be in the school’s PTO. You’ll be the first to hear about important decisions and changes the school is thinking about making and you will get to know teachers and administrators on a familiar basis.
- You’ll be part of a network. Every PTO function is an opportunity to meet other parents in the same situation as you. You will be connected with a group of parents who share a common goal of improving the school for all of the children.
- You’ll make a difference. By volunteering with the PTO, you’ll be able to use your skills for a noble cause – to help create the best educational environment possible for our children.
- You’ll be there. During high school years, most children have a growing desire to be independent. They may pull away, but being in the PTO keeps you involved in their lives without feeling like you’re intruding.
- You’ll be a role model. You’ll show your children that not only are they important to you, but their education is as well. They’ll see you taking a stand to make education better for them, and chances are they’ll do the same.
- You’ll help raise necessary funds. The PTO raises funds to provide more educational services for children. Fundraisers remain important to improving the quality of the school overall, and parent groups make them possible.
- It’s flexible. The PTO has progressed to meet the changing needs of parents. There are a variety of small ways parents can help and be involved in PTO depending on your availability.
- It’s for every parent. Your voice and opinion matters! It makes a difference when you speak up. Your voice and ideas can help improve the quality of education for your children and their peers.
For additional information, contact Mr. Gutierrez at 212-918-0004 or email@example.com
Location: 17 Battery Pl, 1st Floor
New York, NY
Time: 5:30 pm